TMJ Disorder: What Are the Symptoms?
Are you wondering if that pain, tightness and difficulty chewing is related to temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD or TMJD)? Here are the most common TMJ disorder symptoms that the patients of Lehigh Valley Chiropractic have reported.
- TMJ Symptom 1: Pain (usually on one side) located in TMJ region (in the cheek by the ear)
- TMJ Symptom 2: Pain in the temples, around the ear, head and/or the upper part of the neck
- TMJ Symptom 3: Difficulty opening or closing the mouth (this may or may not also cause pain)
- TMJ Symptom 4: A hard time chewing and chatting due to pain or restricted movement
- TMJ Symptom 5: A feeling like that side of the face is “tired”
- TMJ Symptom 6: A feeling like the jaw is “stuck” or locked”
In addition, many of our TMJD sufferers report a feeling of fullness in the ear, a difficulty hearing or ringing in the ear which often resolves with chiropractic treatments provided at Lehigh Valley Chiropractic like chiropractic adjustments (spinal manipulation) and myofascial/manual therapy.
Many people find relief with chiropractic treatments and are better able to manage their TMJD symptoms with chiropractic care.