There are two ways to pay.
Option 1 is Insurance:
We are in-network with (just about) all major insurance companies. If you have insurance and you’d like to use it, the LVC team will do our best to help you access your benefits. If we are not in network with your insurance, we will gladly submit an out-of-network claim on your behalf.
Here’s how our system works
When you call to schedule your first appointment, our front desk staff is trained to take down information that you will find on your insurance card (so, having it on-hand is helpful). As a courtesy, our insurance coordinator will call your insurance company and get all the information she can regarding your chiropractic benefits. She will then communicate back to you what she learns and provide you with a reference number from the call.
At the end of the day, you (not your insurance company) are ultimately the one financially responsible for the cost of your care. So, we’re going to ever so strongly suggest that you also call your insurance company to discuss and confirm your benefits. We can’t make any kind of guarantee as to your coverage. Again, surprise packages = fun | surprise bills=not so fun. Trust us, we’re not looking to surprise you.
So here’s what you will probably need to pay for:
- Deductible: This is the amount of money that you are responsible to pay before your insurance benefits kick in. Generally, deductibles renew yearly (most of the time at the start of the year).
- Co-Payment/Co-Insurance: This is the amount of money that you are responsible to pay for your visit. This payment is in addition to the payment made by your insurance company.
- Maintenance Care: This is care that happens once you’ve reached (what we determine to be) your maximum improvement level or the end of your active care phase.
- Non-Covered Products & Services: Examples include — YouAnew Lifestyle Nutrition Programs and Products (like DVDs, KT Tape, Chiroflow Water Pillows, Biofreeze, Tiger Balm, etc)
Really Important Insurance Notes:
- Once you’ve reached a certain level of improvement, you will have the option to continue with maintenance care. You will be alerted to this transition prior to the end of your active care phase. Please be aware, maintenance care is almost never covered by insurance.
- We must perform an examination on every new patient. Some insurance carriers (like Medicare) do not cover the cost of this initial exam.
- Our treatment programs almost always include chiropractic adjustments (spinal manipulation), therapeutic exercise and manual therapy. It may be that your insurance covers adjustment but not therapeutic exercise. If this is the case, you are financially responsible for that part of your treatment program.
- Please note, certain insurances REQUIRE us to collect multiple co-payments (commonly seen with Highmark and other Blue Plans). This means that if you are seen for an examination and are treated with chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy, 3 (yes, you heard us right) 3 copayments may have to be collected. (we don’t make the rules but we have to live by them).
Option 2 is Self-Pay:
We totally get it that you need care but are concerned about the cost. If you don’t have insurance, you don’t want to use your insurance or have limited coverage, the LVC team does our best to keep care affordable. While surprises can be fun, unexpected bills aren’t. To find out how much you can expect your care to cost, please call and speak with a team member at 610-868-6800.